Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Purchases

Happy Monday All

This weekend I partook in the Big Apple BBQ as I mentioned in my post last week.

It was AMAZING as ever. It didn't rain this year, although it might have been nice to dissolve the crowds.

My favorite BBQ?
ED MITCHELL'S
 **In an article from 2011 based on Ed Mitchell leaving his restaurant The Pit in Raleigh, they mention that Ed would be partnering with Butterball to promote TURKEY BARBEQUE which was served at the Big Apple Barbeque this year!! I didn't try the turkey BBQ because I wanted good ole normal PIG BBQ. **


_____________________________

In other news, I went shopping after I was stuffed to the gills with BBQ. I made 4 stops.
1) Intermix
In LOVE with this skirt $880


2) H & M
-got these trunks for my love - $24.95

3) Sephora
* My best friend recommended this - it's basically a felt tip marker to draw in some eyebrows - LOVE it
* I saw this in the latest Lucky Magazine - it goes on like butter and then sets and stays all day - like Magic
* Impulse buy. This was next to the Aqua Shadow and I'm eyebrow obsessed so I got it
* I purchased the Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer in Tan and it made me break out like a 13 year old - I put every tinted moisturizer on my hand in Sephora and bought the lightest, least greasy one. Today is my first day wearing it. Fingers crossed.
* The PERFECT peachy/pink and gold. Not too much shimmer. Just a nice touch of brightness for a daytime look. I wear it to work every day.
* The perfect peachy/pink blush. I have been using NARS Orgasm in the cream stick and I have a hard time controlling it. It's a perfect color but I need a powder  blush. This marries the two requirements perfecetly.
* I'll let you know how this works. It was recommended in Lucky Magazine (as per usual)
and some samples :-)


4) Zara
(nothing tickled my fancy enough)

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/05/26/1226259/pitmaster-ed-mitchell-leaves-raleighs.html#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment