Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Just Thinking About Decorating

After painting the bedroom (see photo below) I took a hiatus from decorating. Fiance also admitted that he really disliked the hallway rug by Flor (2nd photo below) so I put it behind the couch, since I can't return it to Flor after the stickers have been applied to the bottom of the tiles.


For the bedroom I still need:
- white drapes
- 2 white lamps
- tufted headboard

_________________________________________________________

I think the next project is the desk area behind the couch.
I like the color schemes below.
blue with black/white accents eclectic living room

My mom is painting a 3ft x 6ft beach-scape from our Turks and Caicos engagement trip that will be going behind the couch, which is where the desk area is (see the beginning stages below: Photo 1: inspiration photo Fiance and I took after our engagement. Photo 2: the first layer of paint and photo 3: The second layer of paint).



As you can see, it's very blue/green so I am thinking that the black lattice floor tiles will go well with white and a touch of Tiffany blue.

I am still looking for 2 Louis XVI chairs that I can re-upholster for the desk space and the hallway. I need to do some serious thrifting.



No comments:

Post a Comment